The vegetables containing 5-6 grams or more fiber per reference amount qualify to carry the level of high fiber-rich and 2-3 grams fiber per reference amount qualify to carry the level of good fiber source. Fiber helps control blood sugar, improve heart health, prevent from stroke, lose weight, promote skin, reduce the risk of diverticulitis and hemorrhoids, abate the risk of kidney stones so choose fiber-rich vegetables daily in your foods.
Green Pea is a common seed developed from the ovary of pea flowers. These edible seeds are grown in the many parts of the world. It may produce in winter or in summer depending on location. On average pea weighs 0.1 to 0.37 grams. Immature peas are used to cook vegetables.
- Nutrition: Pea(100g) contain rich volume of energy(344kcal), sugar 9g, dietary fiber 28g, fat 1.01g, protein 26g, thiamine(B1) 0.69g, iron 4.01mg.
Sprouts are grown and known almost everywhere. It takes to be grown in 7-25°C temperature.
- Nutrition: Brussels sprouts contain a high level of vitamin-E 0.89mg, vitamin-C 85mg, vitamin-B, vitamin-B6 0.221mg and essential minerals such as calcium 43mg, iron 1.5g, magnesium 24mg, zinc 0.43mg and water 87g. Eating excess amounts of Brussels sprouts may result in blood clotting.
Turnip is a root-based and fiber-rich vegetable grown for human being in many parts of the world. It is well-established root food first grown at roman times.
- Nutrition: Turnip root is highly developed with vitamin-C, lutein, and vitamin-A, vitamin-K, vitamin-C, and calcium. Green turnip contains 8.6 mg lutein. A medium raw Turnip (120g) contains many nutritional values as for examples Fat 0.13, fibers 2.3, protein 1.12, cholesterol-0, carbohydrate 7.85g.
Edible tomatoes are berry-like fruits and vegetables commonly known as tomato. A tomato generally weighs 100g. In many ways, it can be prepared to eat in all seasons. Tomato salad is most favorite item to all. Lycopene in tomato may reduce the risk of cancer and critical disease. This element also helps manage neuron sickness and diabetes prevention.
- Nutrition: One of natural food items contains antioxidant, lycopene that may reduce the high risk of critical disease. Vitamin-C 15mg, vitamin-E o.56mg, vitamin B6 0.09mg, niacin (B3) 0.598mg and natural fiber are the main element of tomatoes. It 95g water level maintain body water balance.
Broccoli is a cabbage family’s green plant and has flower-head is cooked as vegetables. Commonly 3 types of broccoli are seen like Purple cauliflower, Calabrese broccoli, and Sprouting broccoli.
- Nutrition: 100 g of raw broccoli contains a rich source of energy 35kcal, sugar 1.74g, fat 0.39g, protein 2.8g, carbohydrate 6.6g. Broccoli provides excellent level of vitamins like vitamin-C 89g, vitamin-E 0.8g, thiamine-(B1) 0.072g, niacin-(B3) 0.65g, calcium 48mg, iron 0.75mg, sodium 35mg, magnesium 22mg, zinc 0.43mg and water 89g.
This sweet taste fiber root food item is eaten as vegetables. This also has charming flower before reaping from the farm. Its sweet taste and high volume energy can keep you energetic eating just 2-3 pieces in the morning.
- Nutrition: raw sweet potatoes contain rich beta-carotene, carbohydrate and fiber. It provides sugar 6.4g, fiber 3.32g, fat 0.17g, protein 2g, iron 0.70mg, zinc 0.35mg,, phosphorous 55mg, calcium 40mg, potassium 470mg, manganese 0.51mg.
Carrot is one of the fiber-rich vegetables known all over the world. It has various colors like red, white, yellow, orange, black and purple. It can be eaten raw and cooked.
- Nutrition: Carrots(100g) contain high volume vitamin-A, calcium 34mg, potassium 322mg, vitamin-E -0.67mg, sugar 9.71mg, dietary fiber 2.9mg.
You may read about fiber-rich fruits.